Skip to main content

BB Cream- My New Go-To !

I've been playing with makeup since I had my first job and could buy it myself. I feel naked if I am not wearing at least a little, even to go to the grocery store...ok, so I guess that might be an addiction of sorts? What do you do when you are looking for a minimum amount of makeup, so you won't scare anyone- maybe a Saturday morning running errands?

I recently discovered BB Cream!  BB Creams started hitting the U.S shelves in the Spring of 2011. BB Creams are short for "beauty balms" or "blemish balms". They were actually developed in Germany by a dermatologist who wanted a single cream that would protect the skin and provide coverage after laser skin treatments.

Back to Saturday morning... BB Cream can streamline your beauty routine on the days where you simply don't have the time (or desire) to do your entire makeup routine. You can eliminate moisturizer, primer, and foundation with a good 3 in 1 BB Cream.  Hooray ! While a BB Cream is more lightweight than the usual foundations, it still offers medium to full coverage.

I have not replaced my foundation and concealer (and all the rest) with the use of BB Cream, but I like the concept of using this "multitasking" product on certain days. I think it deserves a spot in all of our makeup collections.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you "CONCEALING?"

We normally think of "concealer" as a product to cover blemishes or facial imperfections, as well as dark circles under the eyes, but concealer can also be used to highlight certain areas of the face, especially using lighter colors and textures.  Concealers with thicker consistencies are best for covering problem areas such as dark circles under the eyes or extreme redness on cheeks or noses. Concealers with a lighter or thinner consistency are better for minimal coverage and for highlighting areas of the face that you want to accent.